Retail 2 I.C./Office Administrator
Are you a self motivated team player, passionate about customer service, and with an ability to kick goals?
The retail office administrator will be required to work both in the back office and at the front customer sales desk. The person we are looking for must have excellent customer service skills, be efficient, enthusiastic, work well in a team environment and have good attention to detail. The applicant must also be able to problem solve. This position is aimed at 2 I.C. level and will report to the manager on a regular basis. In the absence of the manager or any other supervisor, the 2 I.C. will be required to supervise the retail side of the garden centre.
This position is likely to be for four days a week with a requirement for some weekend work.
The successful applicant will have the following duties/skills, however, being a small business open 7 days a week there is a requirement for everyone to ‘muck in’ together as required, including watering, cleaning etc.
• Ensure the smooth running of the shop.
• Customer service and sales at POS.
• Help maintain a clean and organised office/shop environment.
Customer Service Focus
• Greet and interact with customers, suppliers and staff by phone, in person and email. Our customers always come first, so excellent communication skills and phone manners are vital.
• An ability to assess each customer’s enquiry and provide appropriate information or refer them to the relevant person.
• Customer database: Maintain and utilise customer database and customer loyalty programme. This may involve customer mail outs of promotions etc.
• Back-up support in Coffee Hub. (Training will be provided).
• Data entry/book keeping (QuickBooks), filing, ordering stock, receiving stock etc.
• Prepare documents in MSWord/Excel/Outlook by using predefined templates or by creating them from scratch.
• Prepare or maintain reports of records and other statistical and quantitative data including submission of quarterly commission reports for turf varieties and Turf Levy.
• Review, and sort inward correspondence, particularly emails, and take appropriate action, including responding and/or forwarding to managers or accounts.
• Help with daily logistics, invoicing, arranging customer deliveries, sorting of stock, or whatever need arises in the office.
• Secretarial services for the manager, including quotes, correspondence, account applications, phone messages etc.
People Management Skills/Team Work
• Supervision of other sales staff including rosters.
• Step in for other staff members during holidays etc.
• Excellent skills in task prioritising, a passion for following up jobs until they are fully completed.
Promotion and Advertising
• Advertising: Insertion of print advertising using pre-designed templates (Publisher), organisation of periodic television advertising, handling of Sensis and Local Directory advertising.
• Develop advertising strategies/plans with Manager.
• On-Line: Maintain Facebook presence with twice weekly posts. Build Instagram presence.
• Design and creation of new promotions, in consultation with Manager, including, but not limited to, loyalty customer mail-outs.
• Undertake, and initiate, small garden centre events eg continuation of Garden Gatherings.
Remuneration: $25.30-$28.30 per hour (casual) with potential to become a permanent/part-time position in the future for the right person.
Applications should include a current Résumé and cover letter. Short listing for interviews will be based on applicants addressing their ability/skill to undertake the above duties.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
Applications close 28th January 2017.
THIS POSITION HAS NOW CLOSED